Sunday, April 20, 2003

...above and beyond the call of duty...
I got up at 5.30 am this morning to stumble around in the garden putting the easter eggs out for the cubs egg hunt. Ably helped by KittenKong, of course, who thought that batting those shiny little spheres away from where I'd carefully placed them was great fun! Bloody cat.
When I finished I crawled back to bed then slept in so it was the cubs father that guided them in the hunt. I lay in bed, grinning, listening to the whoops and hollers.
'OOOH! Here's some! Here's some more! And over there!' *g*

Fortunately the cubs didn't get all that much chocolate. I say fortunately cos they scoffed the lot and I'm just not in the mood for cleaning up regurgitated brown muck.
(We don't have the easter bunny in this house, by the way, we have the easter bilby, an endangered australian mammal. The cubs' father thinks it's ironic having an endangered species as a fertility symbol. I told him to think of it as sympathetic magic : )

Hey! Guess what? I've got next weekend off! Woohoo! I'm going away for a couple of days with some friends to the Marist Retreat in Mt Macedon. While we're there we'll be visiting a winery and going for a picnic at Hanging Rock (I am not wearing a white dress and if I hear panpipes I'm leaving!) The cubs aren't thrilled I'm going, but they should have fun with their father. Hn, better make sure there's plenty of food in before I go...

Right, I've got all the notes I need for my next AC chapter. No excuse for not starting it now...

No comments: