Friday, February 06, 2004

Hee, I've just had a surprise visit from Soulsis and Niki! (and my niece and nephews : ) As always, they came bearing gifts... A couple of jars of gourmet olives (nummy!) and a really pretty bowl and matching cups with a fishy design. <g>

The cubs and I watched the first episode of Teen Titans today. Someone please tell me they're all at least 16 - it's just wrong to hanker after someone younger than that. One of my cubs really likes Starfire, so much so he said he wanted to make her costume for himself. I said he'd look a treat in the purple boots and short, purple skirt. He agreed but was pondering how to make the boffles... (OK, is this the behaviour of an incipient fanboy? <g>)

Well, Joules' First Light is cracking along nicely, can't wait to see what happens!
And I'm about half way through my next Dystopia chapter. Again, not a long one - 5 pages seems to be about the average for anything of mine at the moment.

It was very hot yesterday but I can't complain. So far, apart from that scorching spell at the beginning of summer and the occasional hot day since, the weather's been quite mild. Mind you, February tends to be the hottest month of the year - heh, just as the kids go back to school. We've had some rain at least, the water levels in the storage dams is higher than it was at this time last year, which is good news, but it's still lower than is comfortable.

No comments: