Friday, August 13, 2004

It's geek-fest, er, Manifest, this weekend - the anime convention here in Melbourne. Can't afford to go, but I half expected that to be the case anyway. The cubs found out about it and bounced up and down, wanting to go as well... Their eyes bugged out when I told them how much it was going to cost for the 3 of us to attend. "That's almost as much as Scorponok and Ironhide put together!" (Those are 2 Transformer toys the cubs are desperate to have - good to put things in perspective, eh? : )

Got to watch most of CCO 808 this afternoon again (thank you, Joules!) while the cubs were out with their father. Tch, I'd really like to see the subtitled version at some point, given the way my ears work I found I was missing most of what that robot thing was saying. One bit made me giggle though; the gyro-stabilisers on the building stopped working and some bright spark says: "... that thing's going to come down like a ton of bricks!" <snigger> 'That thing' is how many stories tall? Surely "...several squillion tonnes of bricks" would've been more accurate! I like the music in the show, though - this is probly a daft question but you don't happen to have the opening theme do you, Joules? : )

Good grief it's Friday already. Heh, there's something to be said for short weeks I guess...

No comments: