Saturday, October 23, 2004

Soulsis sent me the link for this little movie - The Meatrix. It's funny, in a serious sort of way.
Enjoy the beauty that is Moo-pheus... <g>

I was napping on the couch this afternoon and - without prompting - one of my cubs pulled a blanket over me. <soppy g> Moments like that make being a mum worthwhile.

Catalogues are dangerous things. The last DVD volume of Yu Yu Hakusho I bought had a Madman catalogue included. Spotted 'Wolf's Rain', thought it looked kinda interesting and decided to have a look in my fav multi-media store just in case they had it...
<sigh> They did, but only the first volume.
Aside from a couple of niggles I can't quite get my head around I'm enjoying what I've seen of this series so far. Animation is very good (done by the same group that produced Cowboy BeBop, I believe) and I've watched enough nature docos to find the characters' mannerisms wolfy enough to be believable. There's been some intriguing glimpses of the apparently decadent Nobles and clues abound that this is not a happy happy universe. I'm already emotionally involved with the four main charas who - with the exception of the 'leader' - all have well-developed personalities. (I want to smack a couple of them over the head, always a good sign <g> ) Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for the next volume, but I won't be looking for any fanfic just yet. Though I have to admit I'm curious to see if/how yaoi is justified amongst a pack of wolves.

I had kangaroo for dinner tonight. :) It was kind of like beef only more so - very rich. Very filling.
The cubs, naturally, made faces when I asked if they'd like to try it as well...

No comments: