Friday, June 03, 2005

<happy fan-girl squee> I went to see KoH again today!
Joules rolled her eyes when I told her I planned to do this. 'Research purposes' - I said. No, she didn't believe me, either. All squeeing aside as I indulged myself again I did pick up some lovely details in the costumes. Godfrey's livery, for example is parti-coloured red and white (or jules and azure if I'm going to be picky, which I probly will) with 7 crosses patee counterchanged. Balian's quilted gambeson was also parti-coloured red/white. It sported a small collar and the red sleeves were laced on. The gambeson, like the surcoats and chainmail haulberks were split in the front and back for riding. The surcoats had a small, laced slit at the back of the neck, a detail you don't pick up unless the coif is being worn for battle instead of hanging down around the neck.
Balian's 'good' undertunic was ankle-length (clean!) with a small collar, and loop and button fastenings at the wrist. His 'everyday' tunics - all 2 of them, a dark red and a plain linen - were hip-length and loose, with no collars, and cuffs that flared out from the wrists every so slightly. Gorgeous!
I'm going to have to watch the movie on the big screen at least one more time so I can suss out the details of the sword-belt, scabbard, and the Eastern style silk overtunics Balian wears occasionally.
Oh what a chore - the things I put myself through for the sake of accuracy. : )

And there was a different movie previewed today...
I never watched Dukes of Hazard when it was on telly, still don't have that much interest but dang, the General Lee is delicious!
<g> Would I go and see a movie only because of a car?
... Wouldn't be the first time!

(Shall we just take it as read that Joules is posting for me until I say otherwise? : )

No comments: