Monday, October 10, 2005

I didn't want to move house unless I could do it a: without getting into debt; and b: without having to rely on the cubs' father to make ends meet. After beating my head against those unrealistic expectations for a year I've finally admitted they're not practical goals. Unless I'm willing to stay where I am for an indefinite period (I don't think so!) I will need to get a loan to cover the bond and first month's rent, but after poking around some of the banks' online loan-calculators I believe I can borrow enough without the repayments crippling me.
Of course, this is assuming it doesn't all go arse up cos a dodgy credit history means no one will give me a loan. Oh well, if that's the case I'll just have to gird my loins and get the money the hard way, by saving. (Though I know from experience it's too easy to splurge when you've been consistently down about things for a while. You just know having that DVD/book/cutesy bit of anime kitsch will make you feel better.)
But no, I'm not going to get myself in a tizz about it all just yet. One step at a time...

However, continuing on in the vein of finally getting things done - I've made a pair of trousers! As always it's taken the imminent failure of my last remaining pair to get me moving but, lo, I now have serviceable dark-lilac linen trews, with pockets. Not only that but I'm 3/4 of the way through a more fun pair, made from a hot pink/pale red indian cotton tablecloth Soulsis found in an op-shop. <g> Once they're finished I can then choose to make up the lime/purple stripes (with fringes! Also from Soulsis) or the self-coloured green stars xmas material I picked up on sale last year. And then of course I've got 4 sarongs to make into tops. Astonishingly, some of these trews/tops will even mix'n'match!
Most won't but when has that ever bothered me? : )

Oh yes, almost forgot. In my dream last night I was traveling to meet a secluded community of friends (essentially the Islandkateers group) who now lived underground in a big, very comfortable not-quite-bunker. There was a fortress-like quality to the place - thick doors, security, wariness - but I was welcomed there. As I was visiting what was a new area for me I decided that I'd like to go out and have a look around. I was appalled at how much the train fare to the 'city' cost, and I was still dithering over whether it was worth the expenditure of not when I woke up. <g> Interesting, eh?

No comments: