Monday, December 24, 2007

So, xmas eve, eh? You know, I think I've just about had enough of chocolate...

Awww... My little geek cubs' fingers are streaked with paint from where they've been preparing their new Warhammer 40k figures for play. They've got one of the starter set kits, that they paid for themselves. Sort of - a combination of a small amount of accumulated pocket money and trading their big plastic D&D Blue and Black dragon figures to their dad.
Their dad meanwhile - who's been assiduously avoiding the WH40K money trap for years - has thrown himself in with equal enthusiasm. The three of them have been happily researching and planning their armies. :) I can see I won't be getting much table space for the time being.

Couple of interesting dreams recently. In the first I was helping someone dismantle the top storey (or just their bedroom?) of their house. This was interesting because the person was the teacher I liked who has just retired.
In the second dream I was revisiting houses/places that I know from previous dreams. There were 3 this particular time, two of which were the most fascinating, but impractical dwellings...
Though thinking about it now, the 3 places are linked, not logically, but in that way only in dreams things can be related.
Heh, and in another part of that dream I was following a pilgrimage of sorts, performing almost-forgotten fannish rituals, the details of which came back to me as I worked my way along the route. (Rolling in a mud puddle? Ookay...) Though there's nothing particularly deep about that section, I know exactly what triggered it. I'd just finished reading Dianne Wynne Jones' Deep Secret. A good chunk of the story happened at a Sci-fi and Fantasy Convention and though it's been years since I went to one the book jogged my memory about the sorts of ritual peculiarities one can encounter. [grin]

No comments: