Monday, December 26, 2011

(Seeing as I've missed a couple of days - mostly due to the amount of weather we've been having - will need to do a bit of a catch-up with the weather thingy.)

Forecast 24/12: 18-32
Attained: 18-26
Forecast 25/12: 20-30
Attained: 19-29
Forecast 26/12: 17-23
Attained: 18-21


So yes, Kweeznuz. Was quite enjoyable this year, despite being very wet and very stormy. :)
Cubs made me a fabulous card, which I'll scan when I remember to do it, and I received exactly what I asked for!

From Soulsis et al, an itty bitty frying pan:


So kewt!

The cubs' father gave me season 2 and the movie of 'Dead Like Me', while my wonderful cubs gave me this!:


Listened to it today, and it was awsum!
(Heh, xmas eve, the last day for shopping, cubs inform me they need to go out to get my present. They were prepared to go via public transport, but it was icky hot so I offered to drive them. First place we stopped they couldn't get in to cos there was a fire alarm! What had happened was someone with a trailer piled high with stuff had knocked out one of the sprinkler valves in the underground car park, and because that had sent an alarm out the fireies had to show up and the staff couldn't let anyone in until they'd been given the all clear. Bit annoying as it meant we then had to go the shopping center, which was what I'd been trying to avoid. But it wasn't too bad at that. There was still plenty of parking, surprisingly, and I stayed in the car and waited for the cubs...)

Xmas day we loaded up the car and trooped over to the cubs' father's place.


That's not just food in there, but cooking/baking stuff.
One cub cooked gluten-free shortbread, the other cooked hedgehogs. Note the special tusked one down the front. :)


Soulsis et al arrived there with their feasty contributions and then we spent the rest of the afternoon grazing...


Not a lot of food left over either, very satisfying.
There was a fantastic storm, too, thunder and lightning for several hours, including some very close strikes that scared the life out of us! :) We had it lucky though - other parts of Melbourne apparently had dreadful hail.

Today, Boxing Day, was very quiet. Didn't leave the house - didn't need to - so avoided the dreaded Sales, and managed to cross another thing off The List.
Egad, will have to make a new one soon!




No comments: