Wednesday, September 04, 2002

I don't mind shopping when the money's tight, it makes me a bit more canny about what I buy. Instead of skipping merrily down the aisles singing "I'll have that, and that and that!", I have to think about what I'm buying and if it's really needed. But no matter how little money I've got to play with, I usually manage to get myself a treat. Like today, as well as the essentials, I bought myself some semi-dried tomatoes and some bocconcini - they're little yummy bite-sized balls of fresh mozarella in case you're not familiar with them - with the intention of having them in a salad. Well, didn't get as far as putting them in a salad, I just ate them out of the containers as I usually do.

Took my kitten to the vet this morning after I'd dropped the cubs off at school.
As the vet nurse was taking our details she asked me if I'd like to pay a little extra and get the top-up analgesia for Tilda, to help her through the 24 hours after the de-sexing.
Well, der!
If I was having a total hysterectomy I'd want pain relief too!


Prisca, my soulsister, nicked this off a list somewhere and sent it to me...

CHOCOLATE BUBBLE BATH - do not eat!!

200 ml./1 cup of unscented bubble bath (as sold by Meadowsweet, Dolma and Honesty)

75 ml./third of a cup of unsweetened soya milk

70g./3 oz. of dark chocolate

optional - add some cinnamon or ginger for a stimulating bath

Heat the soya milk and add in the chopped chocolate, stir well until melted. Do not boil. Allow cooling down. Mix with the bubble bath and pour into your bath and enjoy...

Actually very nice and makes such a great gift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmm, nice idea, but you'd want to have some eating chocolate on hand or you'd go insane from the unrequited wanting of chocolate induced by the smell. :)
It'd be the perfect gift for the chocoholic you hate, that and a book about cooking with chocolate. A chocolatey gift, but no actual chocolate. *evil grin*


And now a short rave about the car (sorry).
Creamie - not her official name, that's just what I call her - is sweet to drive, though she's big and I'm not used to the power steering yet. (see Lutra take a corner - see Lutra oversteer - see Lutra grin sheepishly as she goes up onto the curb...)
Nice car. [patpat]

No comments: