Wednesday, July 02, 2003

My cubs are 8 years old now. : )

Soulsis, myself and the cubs' father took our (combined) 5 darlings to a local steakhouse restaurant for the cubs' b'day lunch. They were all mostly well-behaved, and there was no complaints about the food, so it wasn't fraught. (We adults enjoyed our meals as well, btw : ) Afterwards we trotted across the carpark to the huge garden centre shop thing and let the children loose in the fenced-in play area to run off some of their energy before bringing them home.
For a wonder, they all more or less played nicely together for the rest of the day.
The cubs enjoyed their b'day I think and we all loved the shark-shaped cake Aunty Soulsis made for them. (There's one slice left btw, Soulsis, debating on whether to scoff that myself or leave it for the cubs' father...)
Before they left, Soulsis marshalled all the brats to cleaning up the mess in the cubs' room, which was awe-inspiring to watch - why don't my kids jump to it like that when I bellow? *g*

Tired now - yawning so hard my eyes are watering. : }
Don't have anything planned for tomorrow, thank all the gods, might just mooch around the house for a bit...

No comments: