Friday, July 04, 2003

WAAAAH!!! *snifflepout* I wanna go back to England…

Today the cubs and I went to visit Andi, a friend of mine from the Prosfanfic list. She and her husband and son spent 3 months last year in the UK (plus bits of Europe) and while my cubs played happily with 'little' Alex, I got to see the photos of the trip! Not only fabulous pics of castles and countryside but shots from one of the Professional's Day Tours which is when a bunch of the show's fans troop about London and bother the locals by obsessively taking pictures of things like a blank brick wall that Bodie once leant up against - no, I'm serious! I'd really like to go on one of these trips :) (Oh and, heh heh heh, I saw the one and only picture Andi got of Sue…)
*happysigh* Lovely, just lovely - I've gone all wistful now with wanting to get over there and beef up my collection of tourist tat. : )
It's been over a year since I saw Andi and it was great catching up again - (Goodtwin, I finally gave her the stuff you sent over!) - and the 3 boys had fun rocketing around the house together.

Right, now working backwards…
Yesterday, neither of the cubs were sick so we went out with Soulsis and Niki and chicks to see 'Help! I'm a fish, a european animated movie about a boy and his friends who get turned into fishes…
I honestly wouldn't recommend it. The animation wasn't particularly inspiring, except for the 'realistic' under the ocean shots, they were very good but there was hardly enough of them to make the film worthwhile. The characters were frankly ordinary; there was the smart alec kid (our hero), his chibi little sister, their fat, geeky cousin, non-entity parents and fat, mean, bossy aunt. Terry Jones voiced the absent-minded professor archtype and Allan Rickman was unfortunately typecast again as a villain but without the charisma he normally gives to the role. (Oh and the cutesy little seahorse mascot just annoyed me. Seahorses do not have buck teeth!)
As for the plot…? Our-heroes-save-the-day-and-defeat-the-bad-guy-through-ingenuity-and-determination-while-learning-a-valuable-lesson-about-friendship.
*gak!choke!* Sound familiar?
What was interesting though was the eurotrash pop soundtrack, very different from the Holy Rodent Empire films of this ilk.
…. How soon til 'Finding Nemo' is released over here? I'm looking forward to that…

Heh, the hall cupboard has been dealt with. It's still eyeball height full of unwanted crap but said crap is now all bagged up ready to be dropped of at an op-shop when the cubs aren't around to spot the things they haven't seen for months and want them back…

*grumble* It's the end of the first week of hols and all I've managed is exactly 3 paragraphs of one Dystopia chapter. Oh well, the cubs' father is on holidays for a couple of weeks as of today, hopefully he can keep them amused for a few hours soon cos I need a break!

Soulsis, I'm sure you'll be delighted to know that the flashing fishy phone antenna thing works a treat *g*

(found on Talon's blog:)

Yay!! *happysqueal*
And I answered the questions honestly...

You are Pink
What color are you? (Anime Pictures)

brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: