Thursday, July 28, 2005

So. Half-blood Prince. I'm curious to see where Rowling's going with this. I can see why some sectors of the fanbase are in a bit of a tizz, though. Not unjustified, but... JKR's not the most sophisticated of writers, I don't doubt the resolutions will be about as subtle as a nudist in a nunnery. How long is she planning on dragging this out intending the series to be? And how long 'til the next book's released? There was a 2 year gap between the last 2.

Was it just me or did anyone else want to slap TeenAngst!Harry? Bodes well for my tolerance of the cubs as teenagers. <g>

I don't have a lot of time for mpreg fanfic but I discovered it doesn't bother me half as much as sex-change fanfic.
<grump> Snape. Is. Male.

Given how deeply immersed in the HP world-frame I've been this past little while I wasn't at all surprised to see the newspaper headline: "Jury convicts Wizard". Hee. (It was actually: "Jury convicts Vizard". Another routing of a shonky businessman, but I would've been far more interested in the other story.)

It occurred to me today that I'd never written an mpreg. I was prepared to dismiss the idea but Joules suggested a particular pairing (it would have to be a fanfic, to plumb the true depths of awfulness) whereupon I was hit in the back of the head by a series of [pings]. Tch. I'll need to check a couple of things before I begin...

(Nicked from Valkyrie's lj: )

I am nerdier than 45% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

I possibly would have scored less but I googled a couple of the answers. : )

The cubs were out with their father for a little while this afternoon so I ambled on up to the local op-shop. A good haul today. A black denim skirt and a pair of blue/lilac patterned denim shorts - both destined for the fabric stash; one of those expanding/collapsing ball-structure thingies for the cubs (it glows in the dark, too!); a lurid yellow chicken-shaped toothpick holder; a paté knife with a handle shaped like xmas tree baubles - to add to the collection; and 2 of the 4 Golden Arches of Doom collectible Batman movie drink glasses from 10 years ago! (I know they're 10 years old cos a friend very kindly collected them all for me while I was in hospital with the cubs.)
All of that for $3.50. Bargain.

No comments: