Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Forecast: 15-27°
Attained: 16-25°


One of our library volunteers has finally retired due to ill-health (she was in her nineties!) She was essentially our archivist, looking after historical documents that go back to the founding of the hospital in the 1940's. Most of the stuff she was curating had been rescued when departments closed down/shifted location and were chucking out the unimportant stuff...
([taking a deep breath] Sorry, that sort of thing still makes me cross.)
... and room was found in the library.
Anyway, long story short, I've told the boss that I'm interested in taking over the archive. It'll be a volunteer positon and outside of my working hours, probably 2-4 hours a month.
I'm quietly excited about this: my main motivation for going in to the library industry was for the archival aspects. :)

~=o>

Currently my favourite song!
Bouncy yet deep. :)



~=o>

No comments: