Saturday, February 16, 2013

Forecast: 20-31°
Attained: 20-31°


After work this evening I went to see the movie remake of The Sweeney. Really enjoyed it. I laughed and laughed! I even laughed at the bits that were sposed to be funny. :) Chee-hee-hee-sy fun, with lots of 'leave it aht, guv' dialogue in the first twenty minutes so you knew exactly who/what/where you were - y'know, London, with the hard men - and women - of the Met's Flying Squad. (Go look it up.)
Aside from that it also had some glorious aerial shots of London, and the best, most visceral car chase I've seen in a long time. Now that was ride! It also had a dub-step remix of the original theme in the closing credits, which I could've lived without but, eh...

(I was listening to Ben Drew (as George Carter) speak and thought 'hang on, I know that voice, that's Plan B, innit!' And I was right. :)
Also, whoever did Damian Lewis' (as Haskins) make-up should be knee-capped. It was terribly obvious: dark mascara on the upper lashes, none on the bottom, and pale pink lipstick. [sigh] Though I may not have noticed if I hadn't been wearing my new glasses...

Also also saw a preview for a new Arnie movie, The Last Stand. Didn't pay much attention until I recognised some of the locations from the Thor movie! Interesting that Jaimie Alexander is also in it? [She was Sif, in Thor, and she's got the same birthday as me!].)

Ok, done burbling. :)

~=o>


No comments: