Sunday, August 17, 2003

Okies, that's the Dystopia ficlet finished. : )

When I finally shuffle off this mortal coil I'm sure my last words will be: 'Just let me finish this...'

I'm watching a program about the top 4 male dancer in the American Ballet Company. I really like watching good male dancers, there's so much strength there as a foundation for grace (and let's not forget the thighs...) but, unfortunately, in this program they're interviewing the dancers, letting them talk...
Nononononono! Don't talk, for gods' sake, just dance! Open your mouth and you ruin the illusion... <g> It's interesting though, I haven't danced/taught/thought about ballet for, blimey, over a decade but I still know all the terms and I still have all the muscle memory. : )

The cubs found their Bob the Builder album today which naturally led to their digging out and watching the old videos. Tee hee hee – a couple of years ago I wrote a Professionals/BtB crossover based on one of the episodes. Watching that episode now is very weird, there's such a sinister undertone to it...
Got one of my favourite bits of feedback about it though, someone on the list said they were sceptical when they heard the subject matter but thought if anyone could make something so warped work it'd be me. : )

No comments: