Monday, January 24, 2005

Band 2 was loads of fun to write - thanks for letting me play, Joules. <g>
The next Elga chapter is now underway, to be hopefully followed by a B2 side-story (that doesn't involve any of the main charas so quite likely won't be posted) and the next bit of a Haadri fanfic (which also won't be posted. <g> ). Actually, looking at my list of pending fics there's not a whole that can be posted, considering the majority of things involve works that are intended for publication.
And to think that when I started writing I couldn't imagine myself doing anything but fanfic. Heh...

The cubs and I went to the Aquarium on the weekend. Lots of fun as usual but there was the inevitable moment I wished I had a camera, or cyber-optics. We stopped outside to eat our snacks before heading home - the cubs sat together on an elevated bridge pylon and shared their lunch with the assembled seagulls on the walkway below. They were having so much fun making the birds nod and jump in unison (by pretending to throw the food) they didn't notice the feathered crowd gathering behind them. <smirk> When they did they squeaked! Some of those seagulls were awfully close... I laughed. : )

Tee hee hee...
'There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary, and those that don't.'

Did you know that fun is the key that opens the door to success?
One of my cubs told me that. I suspect he'll be grow up to be an advertising mogul. Or a motivational speaker, gods help us all.

Here's a good word I stumbled over in the dictionary while looking for something else:
Arcarpous - not producing fruit.
Neat, eh?

So, the school holidays are almost over and I'm trying not to dwell on what we haven't done, like daily writing practise for the cubs, and teaching them to tie their shoelaces. Eh, I'll count it a bonus if we can get to school on time those first few days...

No comments: