Thursday, January 06, 2005

One of the cinema ads the other day was a bit odd. It was for a brand of lollys and I thought the jingle was saying "Just for fun... you become a candy!" This confused me a little cos while there was lots of visuals of people getting sugar-hyped not one of them turned into a candy. Then I noticed the brand name and suddenly it all fell into place. "Just for fun... Yuppi Gummi Candy!" <g>

This month's cable telly guide has a spruik about the movie Alexander. Along with some general patter about it there's a list of Alexander 'facts'. One of these was "Hephaestion was Alexander's life-long male companion."
His what? <smirk> That's one way of putting it, I suppose.
I don't have much interest in seeing this movie but I'll admit to a certain amount of curiosity about how the A/H angle is handled.

And speaking of movies, I have three Orli-squee films in the house now. Not sure what that suggests...

Ahah! I've collected 7 of the Golden Arches of Doom Neopet Techos - red, yellow, blue, white, shadow (black), cloudy and green. All that's left for me to find is the near-mythical purple and starry ones. Apparently they do exist but are very rare. But, if they do exist they'll almost certainly turn up on eBay at some time. Lucky I'm patient, eh?

No comments: