Friday, January 21, 2005

It's been fun frog-hopping around the various quizzes. Come on GoodTwin and Sue, where's yours? <eg>

It's interesting, isn't it, how many webcomix revolve around students. I'm guessing it's because students write a lot of them. :) Mind you there's plenty of comix that don't involve student storylines, and it's not like I've done an indepth survey of the genre or anything so I should probly stop making sweeping generalisations, ne?

<checking list of notes for blog - ack, can't read my writing!> Soulsis, Niki and I are contemplating taking the brats interstate for another holiday later this year. To Tasmania, to be specific. Better start saving now! Could be lots of fun, though, I love Tassie. <dreamy sigh> Thought about moving there a while back. The temperature tends to stay lower there than on the mainland which, yes, makes the winters very cold but on the plus side it means the summers are more bearable for a heat intolerant creature like myself.

Hm. The car is still off the road and it's unlikely to be back for some time. Means I'll be taking the cubs to and from school on the bus. <sigh> Inconvenient but not actually difficult, and at least I'll be getting a little exercise daily. (See, there's an up-side to everything. Tra la la...) But Soulsis informed me last night schools go back next Thursday, not the following Monday as I'd assumed. Ack! I'm not ready to go back to the daily grind! Been enjoying my sleep-ins too much!
Oh well, don't really have a choice, do I, and it means I'll have some time to myself again. Not that that's been so much of a problem these holidays. I don't find myself climbing the walls desperate for some space. Mostly I think that's cos the cubs are now well able to amuse themselves for hours on end with me only needing to referee the occasional skirmish. Or maybe I've just got used to the restrictions of parenthood? Meh.

Heh, and the rental inspection didn't happen, as it turned out - agent never showed. Not that I'm particularly upset but there's one or two things in the house that need seeing to and I'd rather the agent did that than the owner.

OkapiPrincess sent me this! And this! The first had me shaking my head and saying 'heh, fans...', the second had me rolling on the floor laughing. Wait for them both to load and watch the first one first. <smirk>

No comments: