Monday, January 10, 2005

There was an add on telly tonight for a new season of the Parkinson Show. What I heard was - "... the show enjoyed by minions around the world."
Pardon? I know the man's fans are loyal but that's ridiculous.
( <g> It was of course "...millions around the world." I really do need to get my hearing checked.)

Hooray, the rental inspection has been put off for a week! Yay, I can stop fretting. :)
But the cubs' room is clean now - though there was tears. The vacuum cleaner is pulled out so rarely in this house it's always something of an event, and the cubs always want to play with it. Which is fine, I don't mind them mucking about with it, but this time a piece of one of their toys got sucked up. <rolls eyes> My initial reaction to the pleas to open the bag and rummage about in the muck to rescue the bit was to say 'tough - you should be more careful!' but the heart-rending sobs wore me down. I know what's it like to lose a toy, I've never got over the river stealing my plastic bucket when I was four...
Where was I? Ah yes. Haven't gone into the bag yet but I've no doubt I'll be reminded at some point.

No comments: