Saturday, March 24, 2012

Forecast: 13-17
Attained: 13-17


Not sure if you can see what's going on here...


What we have is an insect/arachnoid standoff.

That's the big spidey that's been lurking about the house, making me nervous. It disappeared from the lounge room and turned up in the kitchen - that's the very top of the kitchen cupboards it's crouching on.

Anyway, arachnid of doom had squished itself up in to the corner there for the past day or so: this morning, as I was getting ready for work, it tried to move. Problem was it's surrounded by daddy longlegs who have no hesitation in tackling something that size that strays in to their webs. Spidey was sidling this way and that, trying not to attract attention, but couldn't seem to get out of the corner. I almost felt sorry for it. Almost.

Came home this evening to see that the spider had managed to move a bit, but a preying mantis had joined the fun. Now... spider can't move cos both p.m. and d.ls will pounce. P.m. can't move cos d.ls will pounce. d.ls can't move cos the p.m. will pounce. I'll be interested to see what the situation is tomorrow morning...

~=o>


My preeeciouuus...


This is season 1 of Original Star Trek (tacky Trek) in the special release container from several years back. Seasons 2 & 3 were in blue and red containers. Awesome! Alas, I couldn't afford them when they were released, and had to resort to standing in the shops, stroking the boxes and crooning...

Ebay! For about a sixth of the original price! Bit pleased about that. :) Seasons 2&3 were up for auction from the same seller as well, but I was well and truly outbid on those. Eh well. I have season 1, and now I can subject introduce the cubs to a classic bit of sci-fi.



No comments: