Saturday, October 22, 2011

Forecast: 12-21
Attained: 13-18


So yes, this health libraries conference I went to yesterday. Very, very interesting discussions about future directions and relevance. (In short, in regards to the acceptance, exploration and implementation of technological change, libraries are ahead of the curve). There's some frighteningly intelligent and dedicated people in this industry, and listening to them has made me realise that I don't have anything approximating the expected career plan/path, I just want to work in libraries. I'm happy as a technician, I don't want the responsibilities that seem to go along with being a librarian. It's not laziness, directly, more a not wanting to be in charge of anything :) I still quite like the idea of doing archival work, though. Eh, will see what the future holds, I'm content for the moment just cruising...

Back to the conference. The food was simple but deliciously fresh: pastries for morning tea, sandwiches and wraps and cakes for lunch, and cakes for afternoon tea. Mmmm... I also picked up a load of assorted stationary from the various vendors: pens, notepads, sticky notes, pen holder, puzzle block. Should take pics...

~=o>


Bizarre little dream while I was napping this afternoon. A young boy - 6 or 7 years old? younger? - came to the front door wanting to sell some stuff. The fact that it was a few scrappy bits carried around in a make-up bag (still with a lipstick in there) made me suspicious. The boy was also asking a ridiculous price for the modular plastic space toys he was selling. Yes, they were good quality and looked like something I should recognise but not worth as much as he was asking. I couldn't shake the feeling my house was being cased, or that the make-up bag had recently been stolen...

~=o>


White Rabbits - Percussion Guns.
My current favourite song, that I'm just slightly obsessed with. The percussion line's been nicked from Adam Ant (not a good vid), but then he nicked it from someone else so fair's fair, I guess.
(There's an ad at the beginning of the clip, sorry.)





No comments: