Monday, October 17, 2011

Forecast: 8-21
Attained: 8-18


I expected to dream last night* but instead of the Transformers slavefic** inspired dream I was hoping for I got CSI. [shudder] Was horrible.
In this dream universe a couple of skeletons had been found on a new construction site. I knew who they were cos I'd buried them there, several years earlier. Two of my closest friends had died and while I hadn't killed them, I got the impression I was responsible in some way for their deaths. I'd hidden their bodies and said nothing, just... grieving along with the rest of the friends and family as would be expected.
When my friends were found - as I'd known they would be - I knew their identities would quickly be established cos I'd left their purses/IDs on them. It was a relief in some ways because I'd been carrying this secret with me for so long, but I was concerned about what would happen when their deaths were traced to me. I consoled myself with the thought that I hadn't actually killed them, just concealed their deaths. That wasn't so bad, was it...?

On waking I was horrified and appalled: how could I have subjected their famililes to so many years of anguish, not knowing what'd happened to them? One of my friends had three small children who'd grown up not knowing their mother.

The dread and guilt I've dragged around all day is only now beginning to fade. I love my imagination, seriously I do, but sometimes...

* - Well, I dream every night so that probly should've said 'hoped to remember my dream last night'.
** - Don't ask, but thanks again, Joules for the rec!

~=o>


Ok, I need soothing...







... that's better. Nothing like soothing visuals to um, soothe. :)

(That last is 'Optimus Personified' by LALAax. Nothing at all to do with the slavefic, just something Joules found online that made my jaw drop. [Here's LALAax's deviant art gallery by the way. Nothing immediately NSFW] )




No comments: