Friday, March 03, 2006

Dagnabbit it's hot again. <grump>

"I really must get off my arse and get on with SFSG..."
The irony of that statement is, of course, that I need to stay on my arse to carry on with the task. Very awkward typing while standing...

And so another school Twilight Sports fades into memory. Haven't missed one yet - something to be proud of, I suppose. As is now traditional we had fish and chips for dinner in the park before the event, then the cubs had fun participating, happily running first and second last in their year level heat. In the team 'novelty' events, one cub's team came second, and the other's fourth, which meant they both had a 'placing' ribbon to pin on their shirts along with the non-placing 'well done' ribbons.
As always I avoided the 'Mum's' race (pfft, yeah right, I'm going to run in front of people) but, <soppy grin>, the M cub offered to run for me so I could have a ribbon as well. (He wasn't allowed to but it's the thought that counts.)
And Penny, bless her, gave us a lift home afterwards. Most grateful - we got in the door around 9 instead of closer to 10. : )

<sigh> I miss my piggle; she died a couple of days ago (old age). I miss her enquiring/demanding shrill whistles and how she'd brazenly sniff KittenKong when the cat stuck her nose in the cage. Sure the piggle was psychotic but she was company while I did the dishes. Eh well...

Egad, only one more week of term left.
I'd like some cooler weather now, please.

No comments: