Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Tee hee hee.
IKEA is having a competition/promotion thing where (I think) you win something if you can guess correctly if something is worth more or less than a related IKEA product. There's posters and billboards all over the place with stuff like "Does this pair of thongs [flip-flops, for non-Aussies] cost more than this IKEA shoe rack?" There's one though, that had me gasping with laughter.
"Does this Boyband [CD] cost more than these four knobs?"
Oh gods, cacked myself laughing - and I'm quite sure that was an entirely deliberate pairing. <g>

The rewrite inches onwards. Took me a day to sort out one paragraph of Very Important Details. I knew what had to be said, I just couldn't seem to phrase it in such a way it would make sense to anyone else. But, it's done now and I can forge ahead.

Would stubbornly forcing yourself to read/finish badfic indicate a tendency to self harm? Just wondering...
Joules - after one of my typos - has come up with a word to describe what you do to your brain when you read badfic. Crusie: a cross between bruise and curse. : )
Tch, and I've yet to read a convincing Evil!Dumbledore, or even a plausible EvilDeedsForTheGreaterGood!Dumbledore. Give it up, people, it's like turning Harry into an angsty girl, or making Snape a hidden fluffy-bunny who only needs luurve to release his true nature. <gackshudder> He's not misunderstood, he's a bad-tempered, grudge-bearing bastard who nevertheless will do what he has to and not expect anyone to thank him for it. </rant> I think I might forego trawling for fic for the moment and concentrate on my own...

The cubs' father had a colonscopy the other day. He was very twitchy beforehand because he'd recently nursed two patients who consequently died from complications of the procedure.
Before he left for his appointment with Doom he gave me a verbal list of what he wanted done with his possessions. I told him he could write it all down properly when he got home. : )
As it was, he got the all-clear; there's nothing nasty lurking in his bowel. Well, nothing nastier than normal.

No comments: