Wednesday, May 26, 2004

A conversation with one of my cubs after I'd told him he couldn't do something:

Cub: <pouting> You're Mrs No-Fun.
Me: <eyebrow> Mrs No-Fun?
Cub: Yes, you never let me do anything.
Me: Yes. You're right. I never let you use the computer, or watch television, I never take you to the Aquarium, Museum, movies...
Cub: <pause – you can hear the gears whirring> Okay, you're Mrs Almost-No-Fun then.


<rolls eyes>
And in the supermarket this evening I was stopped by an elderly lady who wanted to tell me what beautiful hair my children have (this isn't an unusual occurence). We chatted for a while and then she smiled at my cubs antics – they were wrestling with each other - and made the comment that they 'were showing off because I'm talking to you.' I smiled sweetly and said that, no, they were like this all the time...

<grumble> I'm feeling thwarted, I've not been able to find a DVD copy of 2002, not in my usual haunts anyway. Looks like I might have to gird my loins and venture into one of the Asian video shops in Box Hill.
And because I couldn't watch 2002 again I watched Velvet Goldmine instead. : )
Heh, and guess what? Iggy Pop has recently released a 'greatest hits' CD which includes 'Gimme Danger', my favourite song from Velvet Goldmine that's not included on the soundtrack. Hee, if the 30 second grab of the track I managed to squeeze out of Border's crappy 'preview' system is anything to go by, Eyecandy McDrooly's version is very close to the original. : ) Eh, even if it's not it won't hurt having some Iggy Pop in the music collection.

My latest Dystopia chapter, 'Seduction', is now posted (thank you, Joules!) and I've reviewed what there was of Dancing's chapter 11. It needs expanding, certainly, but I have to have a think about it first. The next AC is planned, and the next Elga is beginning to bubble. <happy sigh>

Tidied up all the loose ends of my scarf tonight – that's finished now - and I completed the final strip of my quilt! <happy dance> Now I just need to replace a few of the stars then I can get on with piecing it together. Chuffed? Oh yes...

The cubs favourite program on Cartoon Network at the moment (apart from Transformers) is The Cramp Twins. It's gross, though not as gross as Ed, Edd & Eddy and I swear the opening theme utilizes the first two stanzas of Slade's 'We're all crazy now...' Not entirely inappropriate given the show's content.

No comments: