Sunday, May 16, 2004

Most times I trundle along with my life - not content, perhaps, but not discontent - until something, some event, (some particular alignment of the planets? whatever...) makes me realise I'm not doing as well as I thought.
Eh well, those moments pass, life goes on...

Finished watching volume 4 of X, up to episode 15 - I'm really enjoying this series.
Someone asked me what it was about and I flippantly replied, "Oh, the usual - good, evil, the end of the world...".
It's not as simple as that <g>. It's about choices, one of which could be considered 'evil', in a very narrow Western point of view, cos it involves the destruction of the human race. (Some people think this is a bad thing but within the context of the series it actually makes sense to me. :)
I'm thoroughly enjoying the delving into the characters, their lives and motivations, and yes, X is a bit melodramatic in places but hey, it's by CLAMP, what do you expect? <smirk>
Hope I can pick up the next volume soon!

My cubs have joined the school choir... I've just had one of them sing 'You can't stop the music' (Village People - remember them?) at me. I couldn't help it, visions of bike leathers and hard hats were conjured up in my mind...

Okapiprincess found this delicious site. The cubs and I have been discussing how to do Garfield. Rice and grated carrot figures largely. :)

No comments: