Sunday, May 30, 2004

Interesting lot of dreams last night. The first was about a selkie in a rainforest by the sea (still trying to pin the details down on that one), in the second, an unattractive man asked me if he could defecate on me – for the purposes of research. I said no but that I could watch him shit if he liked. He agreed, but then didn't show up for the appointment. The third dream was a news report/eyewitness account of the recent 'Lancaster Uprising', (or something), where 600 Protestants from the North of England travelled down to London to slaughter as many non-Protestants as possible. They'd killed 1000 people before they were caught. Weird. Perhaps I'm watching too many historical docudramas...

<miffed> Michael bloody Parkinson on his show last night called the Pet Shop Boys 'golden oldies...! Ok, fair enough they've been around for ages but dammit, I associate them with my youth.
Humph, golden oldies indeed. <settling ruffled feathers>

<sigh> My fav DVD shop has the first 3 volumes of Yu Yu Hakusho, up to episode 12. My initial reaction on seeing them, naturally, was to cackle maniacally and snatch them off the shelves...
Heh, well, I think I'll finish collecting X first; I've seen those YYH eps whereas I'm viewing X for the first time.

Finished replacing the offending stars in the quilt-strips, now all I need to do is clear a space (2 metres x 2 metres) so I can work out the order to sew them together. Hah!
This next step may take some time.
(Oh, and this could just possibly be taken as being a teeny bit obsessive, but I've worked out, roughly, that once the strips are joined up I'll have hand-sewn over 153 metres. :)

Hn, our national broadcaster is heavily promoting an upcoming program 'Angels in America. I always get suspicious when that happens, it means they've spent an obscene amount of money on something and are really hoping it'll rate well enough to justify the cost.

Ack. Seriously squicked myself last night. Forced myself to sit through all of the Herbie Hancock 'Rockit' video clip. <shudder> It's only hydraulics, think of something else...

No comments: