Tuesday, May 25, 2004

<growlypurr>
I watched 2002 and was hooked within the first 5 minutes. Bishies and leather and wire-work, oh my! What more could I ask of in a film? Supernatural elements? Check. Humour? Check. Sniffly bits to keep the fluffy bunny happy? Check... : )
I'd give it a high phwoooar rating too. Nicholas Tse is exquisite (and such a flexible little cuss <smirk>) but Stephen Fung (is that the actor or the chara's name? Can't remember, anyway...) isn't quite as sculptured but he's soft and round and he's got the most beautiful smile.
There was a bit near the beginning that had me giggling. Tse's character (I have enough trouble remembering Western names, let alone Asian ones. It took me weeks to sort out Kurama-Kuwabara. Where was I? Oh yes... ) told his partner he was trying to look cool in front of the 'spunk' (was there an Australian subbing this, perhaps? <g>) and in my innocence I immediately thought he was talking about the traffic cop (Fung) who as far as I was concerned was the only 'spunk' that'd had screen time so far. Silly me, Nickiepoohs was talking about a female cop we hadn't seen yet but who was then shown in a flashback.
Too much yaoi in my life? <squinch> I don't think so....
I want to watch 2002 again - now, please - which means either: a/ getting a new VCR so I can play the tape I've already got, or: b/ seeing if it's been released on DVD.
IMO this would make a fabulous series – I'd watch it! Especially if they kept the original cast... : )
There was a lovely line of script too, which is quietly nudging something in my brain – '...tears from a spirit mean love and rebirth...' Not sure where that's going yet but no doubt it'll deign to let me know in the fullness of time.

Not sure if this was deliberate on the part of the broadcaster but immediately before and after the movie they ran an add for a funeral plan. <snigger>

Right, my next Dystopia chapter is almost ready to be posted which'll mean there's 53 chapters now. Not bad, eh? : )

Blimey, only 2 more sessions of this latest class I'm taking then that one's finished with. Really should see about getting my name down for some other subjects. Eh, tomorrow...

No comments: