Thursday, May 20, 2004

Hn. I think the mutant eyebrow gene I inherited from my father has activated. Eyebrows that swept up to a demonic point gave his face character – doesn't quite work the same for me...

This is one of those answer-the-questions-and-reveal-all thingies. It came to me through one of the email lists I lurk on...

What time do you get up?

On a school day, usually around 7.30, any other day it depends on how long I'm allowed to sleep.

Bed time?

Between midnight and 1 a.m. generally, though that can creep up to 2-3 a.m. if I don't have to get up early the next day.

Gold or Silver?

Silver, though I don't often wear jewelery. The stud in my nose is silver and if I decide to put any more holes in my body they'll probably be plugged up with silver as well. :)

What was the last film you saw?

At the cinema? 'Love Actually'. Or was it 'Return of the King'? Tch, can't remember...
On DVD? Um... 'Love Actually'... <happy sigh>

What is/are your favourite TV shows?

Currently: Teen Titans, Mondo Thingo, The Bill, Strictly Dancing... I'm usually tuned to our ABC : )

What did you have for breakfast?

Today was a school-day so nothing until lunchtime. This isn't unusual, most school-days all my energies are directed in getting the cubs ready.

Beach, country, Mountains?

Oh yes, mountains...

Favourite ice cream?

Don't eat it very often but I'm very fond of Cafe Grande - it's got grand marnier and chocolate almonds.

Butter, plain or salted popcorn?

Ooooh! Coloured!

Favourite sandwhich?

Falafel, lettuce and tomato.
Or chicken, alfa alfa and avocado.

What characteristic do you despise?

The refusal/inability to accept that we're all part of the web of life on this planet.

Favourite flower?

Carnations, strongly scented roses, grape hyacinths

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?

UK! For months and months and months...

What colour is your bathroom?

Dirty egg-shell and brown. It's a rented house.

Favourite brand of clothing?

Ones that fit - Maison de Target, mostly.

Do you pray?

Daily, though I should probly point out I'm not xtian.

What is your favourite board game?

Killer Bunnies!
Oh hang on, that's a card game... um... combat scrabble.

Money or Love?

Love, naturally : ) Though money would be nice too...

What quality do you admire most in a person?

The ability to know themselves and not feel as if they have to hide/change to be accepted.

Where would you retire?

Mountains, with an ocean view. Ferny Creek in Tasmania is nice...

Favourite day of the week?

Mondays, back to school days. Closely followed by Wednesdays, and then Saturdays cos that's the first day of the weekend and I can sleep in.

Where were you born?

Hertfordshire, England, in my family's house on the banks of the river Lee.
Romantic, eh?
Perhaps - but that river stole my favourite red plastic bucket.

Favourite sport to watch on TV?

Usually nothing except when the Olympics are on and then – I don't know why – I can sit for hour and hours completely enthralled.

Coke or Pepsi?

Dr Pepper, or plain soda water with ginger cordial. Yum!

Are you a morning person?

No, but I've been forced by circumstances to become one.

Do you have any pets?

A cat, Tilda; 2 guinea pigs, Boxer and Joxer (they're both female, don't blame me, I didn't name them!)
Do children count?


... and it concluded with 2 pointless questions about who you most/least expected to send it back...

Hee, the second joint Haadri fanfic is almost completed.
And I think I've finished reviewing chapter 10 of 'Dancing' but chapter 11 needs lots of work.
And the dream-based short story I've started is leaving me with that uncomfortable, something's not quite right feeling I get from a Sherri Tepper book. Interesting...

The school had it's 'Open Night' on Tuesday night. Didn't really consider going until the cubs reminded me that the choir was supposed to be performing.
Have I mentioned my cubs are in the choir?
The performance was cute – not particularly tuneful – but cute. : ) And short - only 2 songs, which was helpful seeing as we couldn't stay for very long.

Niki and Soulsis popped in for a visit yesterday afternoon. They brought me sushi! <happy squeak> I have the best friends! (And Soulsis had found me a lovely little cheese knife topped by a ceramic mouse. That makes 4 cheese knives I have now, all of them from Soulsis... I suspect I may be adding 'cheese knives' to the list of things I collect : )

Finally finished my scarf. Can't remember when I started it - November last? - after I'd finished Soulsis' scarf, anyway, and that was ready before Xmas. Like Soulsis' scarf, mine is made from a fluffy type of wool that's awfully popular at the moment. Hers is a shining black, mine is mottled purple-green-cobalt blue. <bg>

No comments: