Monday, May 10, 2004

What the hell have Blogger done now
What was wrong with the old software? <grumble>

Mmmm... It's amazing what you can do with a tin of tomatoes. Stewed with fresh, grated ginger and white pepper that's been sautéd in butter, then served with rice. Yum!

Heh, well Mother's Day didn't go quite as planned but it was still enjoyable. It started with the cubs waking me nice and early – not to wish me happy mother's day but to ask if they could get online. <rolls eyes> I said they could, just until I got up, then promptly went back to sleep. When I did finally drag myself out of bed my loving children were thoroughly engrossed in an online game and I had to remind them about the presents they'd been asking me all weekend if I wanted early... (And these were a purple note book, tissues [in a purple pack – my cubs know me too well : ] and a rose-scented drawer sachet thingy. Oh, and volume 4 of 'X' from their father and Mum gave me a lovely, long scarf in blues and pinks, purples and peach. Hee.)
Soulsis (and her chicks) brought my Mum down a little later and we all headed off to Smorgy's for lunch...
Except that Smorgy's was full - no room in the carpark and the line of people waiting to get in stretched back to the road. We didn't fancy tackling that so we went to a local take-away instead. Ended up being waaaay cheaper and much, much less crowded. :)
Hee, then we came back to my place and watched 'Love Actually' again. <happy sniffle>

Joules recommended Gandhi's blog on her blog, and now it's my turn. It's well written, well researched and if you're at all interested in relevant commentary about what's going on across the other side of the globe, take a look.

I shouldn't be democratic when I'm having a clean-up, should I? I shouldn't ask the cubs if they want to keep that grotty bit of paper they've drawn on, or the now mangled school project, I should just nick it when they're not looking and throw it out...

Been a while since I've done a quilt update. : ) Just finished the 14th of the 15 strips, then I can replace the 10 or so stars I don't like so much, and then I can start putting it all together! Exciting, ne?

Well, it's taken 6 months of lay-bys but I've finally acquired all of the Tidja Midja Nidja Turtles action figures. Now all I need is somewhere to put them... : )

No comments: