Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Just watched a program about people in Tasmania who've built shacks to live in, mostly out of salvaged materials. Some of the shacks are wonderful – lovely organic structures that grow out of the ground and into their (generally) bush surroundings. <sigh> Looks like a blissfully simple life and it certainly doesn't hurt that these places have nearly all been built on the coast. I've been taking notes. There's a guy who has his vegetable garden in the middle of the house under a glass roof (this is in South Western Tasmania, doesn't get very hot there) and another couple's shack has fixed windows - ventilation is provided by small, shuttered slits.
I really really like the idea of building my own home from scratch, and the temptation to just up and go somewhere right now is acute. Eh, it's just been one of those days...

Have you seen the Tiny Tins collectables? They're little soft toys (or diecast cars/trains, plastic animals) that fit into a standard size tin and today I saw a series of Ham-hams! <happy squeak!> So cute...!

Housemate (he has his uses) told me last night that Madman is releasing the first series of Yu Yu Hakusho on DVD sometime this month! Aaaargh!
I'll add it to the list.

Onna's made some t'riffic banners for different areas of the Zone and a gorgeous Wolfwood/Vash pic. Go have a look!

Got the test results today for the subject that made my brain hurt. Did better than I thought I would - 38/40. 'k, that's another subject passed. One more test to go next week then I'm done with the first 4 subjects.

The cubs and I had a tiny bit of a clean-up on the weekend – it's amazing how many socks can fit under the couch...

No comments: