Monday, May 24, 2004

Hee, I love inspiration :)
Got 4 pages of a Dystopia chapter done today without even realising it! This, combined with the 3ish pages I did end of last week, and the oneish page I started with months ago it's adding up nicely.

Does anybody remember from yesteryear the 12" remixes (on vinyl) of the 7" releases? (Do they even do anything remotely familiar on the CD's now? Oh yes, there's dance mixes I spose.) Remember how it used to be a case of taking your chances buying them? Sometimes they were good, just like the single you adored but 2 or 3 times longer. But sometimes they weren't good and you ended up thinking 'What the hell have they done to this?!'.

I was watching one of the LotR movies on a nice, big plasma screen the other day. Couldn't help thinking how cool would it be to watch anime on one. <dreamy sigh> Vash's nose up close. One day... when I'm unecessarily wealthy...

There's a movie showing on telly early tomorrow afternoon which - when I mentioned it to Joules - provoked a bout of spontaneous drooling. <eg> A Hong Kong flick, 2002, with Nicholas Tse. Joules sent me a copy of this movie at least a year ago and I've not been able to watch it cos the stupid VCR doesn't have a stupid long-play function (That's also the reason why, GoodTwin, you've not heard anything from me about the JJD videos, cos I haven't been able to watch them. Just thought I'd mention that. :)
Where was I? Oh yes... Anyway I've only got one class in the morning tomorrow so I should be home in plenty of time to catch it.
Course, I can't record it cos the stupid VCR won't do that either, but hey, at least I'll finally get to see it.

And speaking of movies (but not in this case recommending one) if you ever get the chance to watch Galactic Force, I beg you, in the name of sanity, no matter how much of a geek sci-fi fan you think you don't do it!
The only name I recognised in the cast list was Brigette Nielson and we're all well aware of her association with quality products, aren't we? (Though having said that, I have to say I really like Red Sonja, but that's got nothing to do with her acting ability...)
Trite, clichéd, appalling... These are some of the words I mentioned in the first 5 minutes to Soulsis - and then came the plot twist (TM). In a nut shell, the bad guys are after a power source, a crystal which is being kept/guarded/whatever by the good guys who've been hounded to the brink of destruction because of it. The leader of the good guys dies in the heroine's arms - after the bad guys have made off with the prize - but with his dying breath he tells her there was another crystal created, in case something like this happened... it had been kept safe on another planet...
Oh gods, please - I whimpered, horror struck at the looming unoriginality - please don't let that other planet be Earth...
Next shot we see the New York skyline...
That was it, I went to bed in disgust.
Awful.

No comments: