Friday, July 01, 2011

Forecast: 10-17
Attained: 8-17


I know tangelos are s'posed to be juicy but the one I had today squirted so fiercely at the slightest provocation it was more like a defense mechanism...

~=o>


Cubs' birthday today! (My baaaabies...!) They appreciated their loot, and enjoyed dinner at the Piggy Place. I've no doubt the cookies'n'cream ice-cream we bought later was also appreciated.

It was also their last day of work experience, and now we're all on holiday! Mwahahahah!

~=o>


After a long negotiation for financing, then waiting around for things to happen, the computers at work have been updated. Which is great except that everything has to be reset. I didn't have the foresight to back up my bookmarks, for instance, but at least I'd kept samples of my various email sigs handy so reinstating those wasn't too painful. Getting the library database to open on a new 'puter is a relatively simple business, except when you hardly ever have to do it and forget how to! The IT crew were heartily sick of us after a couple of days. Anyway, it's all sorted now, more or less.
(That first day back with the new machines I was concerned about the amount of typos I was making... until it dawned on me that I'd been given a new keyboard as well. Phew! I thought it was just me being clumsier than usual :).



No comments: