Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Forecast: 8-14
Attained: 8-14


So. [grump] I have succumbed to pressure and booked a few parent/teacher interviews for Thursday night. They're compulsory. Apparently. [grump]
I had planned on just ignoring the whole thing but there were text messages reminding me of the compulsoryness of the event. [grump] I honestly don't see the point of talking the cubs' teachers. We know how well they're doing - the semester reports are very detailed - and where they need improvement. I don't think I've ever gained much more insight from speaking to a teacher: they only tend to reiterate what was in the report anyway. (ok, that's not perhaps, strictly speaking, completely true. We have discovered homework issues in the past that the cubs neglected to pass on... Even so... [grump])
The booking system is annoying as well. Log in as one student, book things, log out. Or try to. Log out again. Close browser. Go to site... log out. Log out. Log out.
I gave up and made appointments for the other cub through his brother's unlogoutable account, just making sure I included his name in the description. Let the teachers work it out. [grump]

~=o>


HP Spoilers!

Went to see the final Harry Potter movie today. I was ambivalent with the book and consequently was ambivalent with the movie, too, more so knowing the movies rarely follow canon as closely as they could. (Wait... Boathouse...?) It was quite well done, though I needn't have watched it in 3D, there really wasn't very much action that warranted the treatment.
Seeing Hogwarts damaged was more distressing than I anticipated, and as a 'sympathetic cryer' there were a couple of places where I needed a hanky, but that was expected as those were the places in the book I cried as well. (I have not forgiven JKR for Lupin's death.)
The epilogue was amusing if only for the attempts at making the characters look nineteen years older. Didn't work! [snigger]
There was at least one nod to fanon in there as well, which made me raise an eyebrow, but on the whole, not a waste of money. I'm glad I've seen it.



No comments: