Monday, July 25, 2011

Forecast: 8-14
Attained: 9-13


Had coffee with Penny this morning at our current fav cafe and was almost deafened further. My fault, I shouldn't have chosen the table right next to the toys...
Five or so young children - mothers sitting placidly a few tables away - being very excited and shrieking at the tops of their lungs. [shudder] Had to take the hearing aid out, it was a liability in that situation. As it was, my eardrum was numb for about an hour afterwards.
I know I'm going to sound like one of those 'superior' parents, making pointed comments about how my children are so much better behaved than some, but the truth of the matter is that I didn't let the cubs make so much noise when we were out. Yes, they could be as noisy as the next ones, but I was aware of the impact their behaviour had on others and so when the ruckus got above a certain level they were asked to quieten down. I was waiting for that to happen today... Did the mothers not hear the noise, or just not think it was that bad? [sigh]

~=o>


On a brighter note, the cubs and I nipped off to see the new Transformers movie after school!
It didn't grab me as much as the first movie but it was still pretty darn awesome. CGI was flawless, and the 'bots just keep getting better and better - even though I couldn't keep track of who was who for most of them...
Extra special happy bonus seeing Alan Tudyk onscreen. :)
So yes, I enjoyed it. Thanks for the rec, Joules!



No comments: