Tuesday, June 19, 2007

21 days 'til Order of the Phoenix is released! [boing]

I bought my first bit of merchandise a few days ago. The mini-sticker book. It's wonderfully vague - contains no spoilers whatsoever. :)
There's a handful of Snape stickers, but only 1 Lupin. At least, I think it's Lupin [peers]...

Citro Clean. Marvellous stuff, so tangy and citrusey. I think they've changed the formula, however. Used to be you had to use the stuff in a ventilated area cos, all natural ingredients or not, it stung; eyes, nose, throat. Smelt wonderful, though, and worked a treat on clearing your sinuses.
It still smells wonderful, and it still works really well, but it no longer has the bite. This is probably a good thing.

Caught the first episode of Torchwood last night. 'Bout bloody time it was shown over here! Joules has been teasing me with random, intriguing, non-spoilery comments for months.
So anyway, first ep... Honestly, plotwise it wasn't anything exceptional but damn, the more 'adult' nature of the series is like a long, cool drink. Sexuality is not at all covert, and to say there's a certain amount of flexibility demonstrated is an understatement. The potential is delicious! And Captain Jack certainly does cut a fine figure in that great coat of his. :)

Now, Deadwood - I love this series. On a whim - and after hearing some good reviews - I bought the first season box set last year when I noticed it was on special. Almost didn't make it through the first episode but I persisted and was well and truly hooked by the end. I devoured the first season then went looking for the second - which again I found discounted. Devoured that as well then had to sit back and wait blinkin' ages for the third season. [grump]
Yesterday on a whim, and as a reward for myself after the successful conclusion of a rent inspection, I thought I'd just have a look and see if the third season box set was out yet... It was! And as luck would have it, it was on special! Mwahahah. Itching to watch it but I'm schooling myself to patience. I'd like to rewatch the second series beforehand, so I can catch all the nuances. I'd like to, but I don't know that I will - I just wanna get on with the story! Eh, we'll see how I hold out, and how much quiet TV/DVD time I can wrest for myself. Sometimes the idea of having my own telly etc in my room is wonderfully tempting.

No comments: