Monday, June 22, 2009

Last week of term. Woot!
I was looking forward to days off and lie-ins... but the diary is already looking pretty full. Tch. It'll all be fun stuff with the cubs, however.
Scienceworks is having a special exhibition, based around Star Wars!
Melbourne Museum is hosting A Day in the life of Pompeii [squee!].
We'll be going up to Mum's for a few days.
There's movies to see! Transformers! Star Trek! (again : ) Ice Age 3... and of course the rest of the Harry Potter franchise for me. (Speaking of which, saw Chamber of Secrets last weekend. Had only seen it on DVD. The spiders were even scarier on the big screen!)
And the cubs are having their birthday and party in the middle of it all.
I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze in a nap or two somewhere.

~=o>


Penny had a Winter Solstice (afternoon) party on the weekend. There was sooo much food that neither the cubs nor I had the slightest bit of interest in dinner that night. There were competitions, too! Rocket came second in the 'Eat the salada biscuit the quickest' - winning a Darryl Lea giant freckle - and I came first in the 'Guess the songs', winning a Penny-made Beelzenef hand puppet. 'Twas fun. : )

~=o>


Driving this morning I saw a bumper sticker on a huge, 4WD ute-monster thing:
"My other toy has tits."
.... nice. >: /
But what really makes me cross is that if I'd made an objection I would've been a humourless dyke/feminist. Tolerance goes both ways, shit-for-brains.