Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Curriculum day, today - tacked on to the Easter long-weekend; woohoo! - so the cubs and I went to see Ice Age 2. Fun movie, pure fluff, but entertaining. Scrat, as usual, was a highlight.
So, yes, the movie was okay, butbutbut... <squee!boing> posters advertising PotC 2: Dead Man's Chest. Biiiig posters... MmmmOrli-squee... Something to look forward to an' all. <g>

And speaking of Johnny Depp (there is a link) I finally got to see From Hell. It's another Jack the Ripper movie, not something I generally go out of my way to see, but I thought this version was t'riffic - and sad. True, historically, it's bollocks but Depp produced an interesting take on Insp. Abberline and the plot made more sense than some 'recreations' I've seen.

Moving right along to more historical bollocks...
No, that's a bit harsh, though "Nights at the circus" was certainly a confounding read. It became more fun, however, once I stopped waiting for it to make sense and just went along for the ride. Not sure what else to say about it, really, except that for the life of me I can't imagine how it was made into a stageplay!

Cubs and I spent a few days at Mum's for Easter. We ambled off to Alexandra for a day at the steam tram railway. It's been over a year since we were there and it was good to note the improvements to the site/displays. Soulsis and her chicks popped 'round on Monday morning for a few hours. Soulsis - bless her - had made a huge tin full of biscuits; they didn't last long. <g>
It was a nice, relaxed weekend and astonishingly I came home without any material. A couple of books, true, but no material. Egad, what's the world coming to...? <sigh>

No comments: