Monday, July 17, 2006

Ahh, the sound of a free-flowing drain is a thing of joy, especially when your shower's just been interrupted by the feel of water pooling around your feet. Ew. I know it's not clean and sweet-smelling stuff that clogs drains and I don't want to be standing in the residue. So, water off, pull on clothes then go and find the unclogging potion.
I poured out a generous dollop then watched attentively for several minutes until bloop-gurgle the standing water suddenly drained away. Hah! I enjoyed my shower after that.
Couldn't help wondering though; in this house do blocked drains only happen to me? Or do others just not give a damn?

Odd dream last night. I was visiting a prostitute at her home, and what a gorgeous home! A Californian Bungalow in beautiful condition and chockers full of decorative items. I noticed my friend had a thing for chrysanthemums; her dress was patterned with them and the theme kept recurring in furnishings and artwork. The back door opened out onto a patio and I bet to myself there was a pool in the back garden. I woke up briefly then drifted back to sleep and - unusually - went once again into the dream. This time I went out through the back door and sure enough I found the pool. It was smallish and in need of a good clean but there it was. I asked my friend how many bedrooms her house had and she said 4 (I'm fairly certain that and the pool had something to do with our conversation yesterday, Joules), and then suddenly the house was full of people partying. Not a problem, except I had to go to the loo and it was a bit awkward trying to wee when there's distracting sexual activity on either side of you... <g>

(And while checking the spelling of 'chrysanthemum' I found 'clapperclaw': [archaic verb transitive] to scratch or hit; abuse or criticize spitefully. Neat!)

So, the second episode of the new-new Dr Who and we had another Darth Vader Redemption. Tch. Why, after a few firm words from the Doctor, did she essentially suicide when previously she'd been utterly ruthless about living? I remain unconvinced.
And why were the experiments clothed? Okay, fair enough, BBC guidelines might have had something to say on the subject but still...
I do like this new doctor, though. A lot.

If you fed a coffee soaked cockroach to a spider, would the spider get a caffeine buzz?

I've got a new mobile phone - though it was done reluctantly. The network used to have this marvellous system where the handsets acted as landlines in the home range and as mobiles outside of it. However, that network is closing soon and the customers have been encouraged to switch over to the standard mobile network. <sigh>
On the plus side, my new phone is hot pink metallic!
On the minus side, it's new technology I have to poke with a stick until I'm comfortable.
But on the plus side again, the phone's incorporated camera is really neat - 2 megapixels.
... can't think of another 'minus' though that might change when I get my first bill for it. :)

No comments: