Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Uh oh. It's chocolate drive fund-raising time again. We have a box of assorted bars to eat sell. <hand to forehead> The things we do for the school...

Small furry animals have been popping up in a lot of my dreams recently, however, Alan Rickman featured last night as a runaway prince in a sort of 18th century farce. He was running away because he wanted to study Science. His family disapproved because by tradition the royal family learnt circus arts; juggling, trapeze, high wire... all in gowns and wigs. <g> The prince was living in happy poverty in a city, and the plot - what I saw of it - seemed to centre around him staying out of his parents' clutches. Oh, yes, and there was a poor but honest city girl involved as the object of his secret affection - but then that's to be expected in such a Moliere-esque caper. I woke up wondering if I could write this play. :)

I don't normally comment on politics but the Johhny and Pete show is just silly enough to catch my interest. Pete wants Johhny's job - everyone has always known this despite his protestations of loyalty - and now it's come to light that when Johhny first came to power he apparently agreed to serve for 2 terms then hand over to Pete. Johhny's now saying that he doesn't remember the specifics of the meeting and Pete...? Pete is facing the cameras with the look of a woman wronged. "He took my virginity. He said he'd marry me..."
<rolls eyes> Honestly, it'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I had a good day on Sunday. I got stuck into cleaning the kitchen, though not all of it. I had to leave the troublesome corner - you know the place where all the miscellany gets dumped - but the rest doesn't look quite so verminous now. When I'd had enough of industrious domesticity I took myself off to the lounge room for some peace and quiet. The cubs were in their fathers' room, leaving the telly free, and I had been considering sitting down to watch a DVD. I decided instead to switch off all the electronical doodads and read a book in blissful silence. An hour, a whole hour of uninterrupted reading. Lovely. I should do that more often.

Glancing in the bathroom mirror the other night I noticed there was a subtle but decidedly silverish sheen to my hair. I hadn't noticed before, I'm used to my hair glinting in strong light but this was the first time I saw it glinting something other than gold. After the initial 'blimey!' I found myself rather pleased. I've never been interested in looking 25, or even 30, for the rest of my life. Dammit, I've earnt the silvery hair and the less-than-perfectly-elastic skin and if anyone is going to think less of me for not persuing eternal youth then they can kiss my saggy arse!
Be cool if I went silver though. Mum hasn't gone grey so much as her hair's just faded, but my dad went silver. Be nice if he gifted me with something from his genetics other than mad-scientist eyebrows. :)

And now some amusing Blogger spell-check suggestions:
Ice cream - isochronal. (Isochronal with what though?)
Soulsis - slouches. (Sit up straight, girl! <smirk>)
Sprogs - spores. (makes sense)
Fruitcake - britches. (... the mind boggles.)
Xmas - smash. (speaks for itself)
Fistful - festival. (... still boggling.)


No comments: