Thursday, July 13, 2006

Last night's trifle had pink cream... It was sposed to be red but there's only so much you can do with pink food colouring.

Penny made me a hat! It's pink and purple and furry - kitty ears will be a perfect addition. <g>
And we (Penny and I, not the hat and I) had our first Bollywood Dancing class on Wednesday. It was hard work admittedly but so much fun! Hee, unfortunately I still have all the muscle memory of 10+ years of classical ballet, which didn't quite mesh with what I was learning this time. I kept wanting to point my toes. I don't think it's going to take too long to get into the right headspace though, despite feeling as graceless as a lumpish, tight-sinewed Westerner could possibly be. <g> Eh, it was my first time trying a completely new artform, I can expect to be clumsy.

<snerk> Smart Bitches recently had a 'mad libs Romance Title and Tagline' thingy. (Scroll down to Tue. 11th July).
Here's what my carefuly selected words produced:
He rogered his gaspacho when he saw her bouncing her chin. Now, can he stride her rigid pinkie? Find out in...
Love's soft couch.

<rolling around laughing> That's so silly...

I make a point of avoiding things like commercial (or stupid) television but I can't always avoid it when I'm at mum's. When the cubs and I were there last holidays I found my eyeballs assaulted by snippets of the most recent Big Brother. (I hasten to add that Mum doesn't watch the show at all but there were promos and commericals ad nauseum.) Was it just me, or were all the 'contestants' orange? I know it wasn't the telly's colour balance cos everyone else looked normal, but that lot? Will there ever be a fake tan that looks real?

The next best thing to travelling and collecting your own tacky souvenirs is finding them in op shops. I've got a faux bronze mini colosseum! Wonderful! Actually, it's been a good time for op shops. I've also acquired a decorative pickle jar (for all your decorative pickle needs); more forks (muahahahaha); a pretty little painted fan and a 'mounted fish' key holder. Happy now...

I was sort of watching a history doco yesterday and discovered that a couple of George I's mistresses had the nicknames "The May-pole" and "The Elephant". What a great name for a pub! The May-pole and Elephant. I'd drink there. :)

Right, American Gods. Wow, just wow.
I'm quite proud of myself, I managed to pick up a lot of the clues but there were still "d'oh, of course!" moments at the end there. <g> It was an enthralling read, very enjoyable if decidely squicky in places. But then, that's what I've come to expect from Gaiman

No comments: