Friday, January 19, 2007

Bleurgh. It's been hot and humid for a few days now. Don't like it at all; sweating when you're expending no energy whatsoever is unnatural. <grump> We've had some rain at least - which is good, it's desperately needed - but it only cooled things down a bit while increasing the humidity a lot.
Well, according the Bureau there's only one more day of ickyness before we get a break. <sigh> I'm really not wishing for Winter to get a move on - don't want to wish away half the year before it's even really started!

Speaking of which... Egad, the cubs go back to school in just over a week! Not fair! I've only just got into the swing of being on holiday!
My babies are going into Year 6... which means High School next year... which means - ah, crap - I'd better get cracking on sorting out some of the little niggling questions I've been managing to ignore for the past few years, like, where are we going to live? (Cos that'll determine which High School they go to.) And, I need to take their father and my mother into consideration as well. Ideally (for various reasons) we'd like we need to be close to both of them... <head->desk> Too hard. Right now, a cool, dark cave - with internet connection, 'puter and full bathing facilities - is sounding reeaaally nice.

(Right, can I find something to not whinge about? Let's see...)
While lying sleepless the other night (not a breath of wind to relieve the stifling heat.. oops, I wasn't going to whinge, was I? Hah!) I managed to firm and expand the basic plot for my next story - oh yes, I'm writing another book; set in the Dystopia Universe. What happened to the first book, you might ask? Well, you can ask, but I'll probly be skittish and evasive.
Dammit, got distracted again. Yes, started another book. Woohoo! I'll finish the Snupin one day, an' all.

Cubs and I spent the day at Soulsis' yesterday! Was hot (<growls warningly at self>) but fun. We left the boys playing video games for a wee space of time while Soulsis, girlie and I trawled some op-shops and a second-hand place for furniture. Didn't find any furniture but got loads of other good stuff. :)
Andandand I've now got a biiiig plush Hello Kitty courtesy of Soulsis! Thank you!

And I found this, too, in an op-shop a couple of days ago!
Still Life with Pineapple Teacosy

Neat, eh? It came with an appallingly cheerful yellow teapot. (Not pictured, cos the cosy didn't really fit it properly, so I used one of my other teapots to model. Tra la la.)

Right. Is it bedtime yet? More importantly - will I sleep?

No comments: