Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Squeee! I would love to have a tent like this...

I want one!

(Snapped at last weekend's Medieval Festival in Launching Place.)

Some time late last year I mentioned that my neighbours had organised (and paid for) someone to come and tame the front garden for me. I also mentioned that they didn't consult with me first - cos they'd obviously had enough of it being a blight on the street and so decided to take matters into their own hands. Even though I was horribly intimidated I can admit it was a fair cop, honestly, I know I was never going to get 'round to doing anything consistent about it. So anyway, the gardening people were back again today (again without consultation) but I spoke to the woman in charge and - long story short - they'll be here regularly and I'll be paying for the service. Very reasonable rates, too. Once the backyard is under control (and at a suggested $50 that's much easier to stomach then the $200 I was quoted by someone else) it'll be $25 a fortnight for front and back. Manageable, and I won't feel like I have to skulk when I leave the house in order to avoid the neighbour. :)

On my list of 'Things I Need' is a new doona. I've had mine for 20 years, and while it's done sterling service it's getting a bit fragile. Coincidentally one of the shops in the local emporium is having a 25% off bedding this week! I've got a brand new doona on layby - and as all my sheets are getting a bit tatty - a 100% cotton bed sheet set as well. (They were a little bit pricey but I'm awfully fussy about my bedlinen. Poly/cotton is just not acceptable. <g> ) I could start thinking about new pillows, too...
As for my old doona, it won't be going in the bin. Oh no, I'm sure I could do something useful with the remains.

No comments: