Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Le Frog: We leave immediately!
[strides off screen]
Henchfrog #1: What about supper?
Le Frog: [strides back on screen] We leave in five hours!


<rolling around laughing> That's a quote from Flushed Away - which the cubs and I went to see yesterday. It's been a long time since I've laughed so much during a movie. Oh, the frogs! Oh, the slugs! Oh, Ian McKellan the villain! <giggling>
It's an Aardman production - in conjunction with Dreamworks - and is peculiarly British. Which means toilet humour. Which is probly why it's not doing as well as it should, especially in comparison to the 'technically good but a trifle mechanical' Happy Feet.
Definitely one for the DVD list, even if we don't see it again at least once more at the cinema.

January! Calendars are on special! 75% off in one particular place. I treated myself to a 'manga art' (one I would've bought at full price but couldn't afford); a Van Gogh (with bonus fridge magnets!) and a very pretty Australian Birds diary. Oh, and the cubs got a calendar of Australian trams. All for $16. Bargain!

I saw on the news last night there's going to be another inquiry into Princess Di's preference for well-built poles er, tragic accident. Between my hearing and the noise the cubs were making I was sure I heard that the chief-person-in-charge-of-it-all's name was Lady Elizabeth Bucket Slops. <snerk> I was almost disappointed to find out her name was in fact Butler-Sloss...

No comments: