Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Right. Cos Joules is a genius I'm able to post again. Woohoo!
I've been in Queensland for a week already! Blimey. Weather that I would grizzle about back in Melbourne (warm and humid) is lovely here. <g> Probly cos I'm on holiday and not having to do all my usual chores. Heh.

The trip up was very boring. Mass transport is mass transport whether it's by road, rail or air. Sardines squished in a box. Fortunately it was only for a couple of hours so it was tolerable. Unfortunately, given that I was in an aisle seat in a row by a wing I was only able to see out of - at most - the top half of the 'window', but the few glimpses I did get were wonderful. Love being above the clouds...

Mum and I are staying with my brother; he lives about 5 minutes walk from the beach! Haven't spent a lot of time there - been busy doing other things - but I did go paddling for a bit the other evening. Odd, the water was warm. I'm used to getting into the sea and it being cold.

This coming weekend we're off to Fraser Island for a couple of days. Should be glorious. <g> No doubt I'll add substantially to the 600 photos I've already taken.

The other night my brother and his partner, Kirsty, went to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in Brisbane. Fabulous band, anyway, first he sent me a pic of them taken with his camera phone - that made me squee - then later he rang me while 'Under the Bridge' was being played! Oh, I squealed like a 12 year old, and sang along with it. I was in the shower at the time so I can't claim it was 'just like being there' but still... :)

No comments: