Wednesday, August 08, 2007

[frown] Where have my blog archives gone?
My anniversary here is coming up and I wanted to check the actual date.
Archives... 'not on this server'. [pout] Hm, I think I've got some of the earliest ones backed-up on my hard-drive. I think. Unless it was the previous hard-drive, in which case gods only know what's happened to them. Tch.

(Aaaand just checked and I do have a back-up of sorts. First post was August 26th, 2002. Five years, blimey. Maybe I should have a cake on that day? Heh, any excuse... :)

[grin] Cubs and I have seen the Transformers movie four times now and I'm still completely buying the illusion. If the cubs have their way we'll see it at least once more before it disappears from the cinemas.

I worked hard today, harder than I have for a long time, I think! Today was my first time volunteering in the kitchen at a local meals-on-wheels centre. Just for a couple of hours but my word there's a lot gets done. I'm sure once I get the hang of the routines I won't feel like I'm flailing quite so much.
Why am I there? Our caring, sharing government has decreed that, yea, should I still crave help from our most noble leaders, then unto them should I render a portion of my time, either to work or to look for work. At first the word came from on high, that, yea, volunteer work in an approved community activity could verily count towards my tithe but as the mystery was unfolded to me, lo, I discovered that this was not so. But, the downtrodden do still require volunteers and I did most solemnly declare my aid to be forthcoming...
Long story short: despite what I'd been told, volunteer activities don't count towards the 'work for the parenting payment support, you worthless parasite, look for a real job or you don't get any money!' 'initiative' but inbetween angsting and railing at the government I can spare a couple of hours a week to help out where I'm needed.
Not happy about it all, however.
Anyway, tra la la, could be worse...

No comments: