Tuesday, August 28, 2007

We've been having some lovely weather lately. Too lovely. The sort of 'lovely' that makes me think that Summer's going to come galloping across nice and early. Hmph.

Aaaand, the cubs and I went to see the Transformer's movie again tonight. For the last time at the cinemas, I suspect, as it's coming to the end of its run. Unless the cubs ferret out a special showing at an independent theatre. They're just slightly obsessive enough to go looking, too. Eh well.
Seen the movie five times now. Unfortunately I did doze off for a short while - not for nearly as long as I did during the last Star Wars - but woke up refreshed in plenty of time for my favourite bits. :) Still dead impressed with the CGI.

The cubs' school concert was last week. I've seen worse.
No, it was fine, and the kids all looked like they were having great fun. One of the spotlights fell off the wall at one point, though, that was exciting - nobody hurt - and the Preps got to do their little dance twice cos the first time they forgot to pick up their cowboy hats...
It was a very late night, though. I'd picked Mum up earlier in the day, and then I had to drive her home. After an hour's driving we got there around 11.30. Cubs and I stayed overnight cos there was no way I was going to be able to drive back again!

Wellp, looks like I'm handing Mum's car back in a couple of days. Not feeling particularly gracious about the whole thing, but I knew it was only temporary right from the start. Been spoiled, being able to drive around for almost a year. [sigh] Could be worse, though, we could live in an area that had sucky public transport. See, there's an upside to everything.

Oh, almost forgot to mention the lunar eclipse this evening! Cloud obscured the view a lot of the time, but it cleared often enough for us to get a good look at the changing moon. Intriguing - it really was red for a short time there. :)

No comments: