Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Eeee! There was (were?) a pair of ducks in my garden when I got home this evening! Pacific Black ducks. So cute.
So I nipped inside, shut a rather confused cat in the kitchen, then went back outside to feed the ducks. :) Just some moistened bread, and when that was gone they went back to browsing my lawn for snails, bless 'em.

Cubs have been away on camp. Only for a couple of days, they'll be back tomorrow afternoon. It's been... odd, without them here. Not so much during the day but night times are quiet. Too quiet...
I have enjoyed the free time, though. One of the other mums asked me what I was going to do while the cubs were away. "Anything I want!" I cackled. Which isn't entirely accurate cos if I'd done what I really wanted to do I would've spent the past couple of days sleeping!

I took myself off to see Order of the Phoenix again. (That's what I was on my way home from when I saw the ducks.) It's better with a second viewing, I was prepared for the 'kin' what!? moments this time and able to pay more attention to the details, like just how shaggy 70's!Remus was in the old photo of the Order, and how the only other person taller than him was Hagrid. :) Or the light sabre sound effects there in the battle, or Ginny's glare of messy death whenever Harry and Cho were onscreen at the same time. Hee. [sigh] But there's still so much missing...

No comments: