Saturday, June 14, 2008

Soooo, what's been happening in the days since I last updated?

Just finished the second last week of term. Chock full of revision, it was, freaking us out preparing us for the flippin' seven exams next week. Sheesh. I expect I'll pass everything but I'm not counting on top marks.
Some of my classmates need a little bit of help with a few subjects so I've been tutoring as well. :) Quite aside from the modest amount of cash I earn (I didn't ask for it, they insisted on paying!), it's fun and an excellent way to do my own revision. Wouldn't want to be an actual teacher though, gods no.

Computer woes. My USB hub driver thingy has chucked a spaz and now won't recognise any USB device. [grump] Can't use my only-recently-installed printer (nooooo! I luvs mah printa! Lucky I'd already done all that stuff for school, eh?) but worse, I can't download pics from my phone! Fortunately I managed to find the plug-in charger so I'm at least able to juice up my wee pink beastie, but no pics? [pout] That, if anything, will/should get me off my sizeable arse to fix the problem - which could be as simple as reinstalling the hub's drivers...
Hah! Simple? Have to remember how to find out what hardware my 'puter's carrying so I can go and hunt down the appropriate software on the 'net. [sigh] It's not easy - I've had a look (a half-arsed look, admittedly, but it was at the end of a long day and I was brain!porridge. Couldn't find anything that stated clearly what was what. Am I looking in the right place? Criminy, I don't know!) Eh, well...

Possible spoilers of films what I've recently seen...

-

-

-

-

-

Only two, but there's not been a lot I've wanted to see in the past few months. Mind you, the stuff coming up...

So, yes.
Ironman. Great cast, a not implausible storyline - if you're a fan of the 'Supers' genre (pick me! pick me!). Excellent graphics too, which could only help with the believability, but, meh, wasn't overly impressed ultimately. Didn't dislike the film, but I did find myself getting a bit restless if not actually bored. Not one I'll make the effort to see again.

Today Soulsis and I took the hordlings to see Indiana Jones 4. I'd been anticipating this movie but was mildly disappointed. (Much the same feeling I had with the IJ's 2&3, incidentally). It was well cast, for the most part, and there were some fabulous, thought provoking snippets that really affected me, but overall...? Fun, very flash, in-jokes aplenty, but not a lot of substance.

The pre-show trailers, however, were intriguing...
Australia. [giggling] Baz Luhrman directed this one - does that mean we can expect the Outback dust to turn in to sparklies at some point?
The Dark Knight. It's a Batman movie, it's already got my vote, but as I was nearly in tears watching the trailer (oh, Heath, Heath...) hate to think what state I'll be in during the actual movie.
And finally... The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Eeeee!


I've got a nomination for one of my HP AU slash fics! Like Minds for the 2007 Snupin Santa exchange. (Please note, story is M/M, NWS, NC 17, and all that other good stuff.) Knew nothing about it until blpaintchart pointed me in the right direction. [grin]

(I'll see about getting on with the '5 films' list next time I update. Let's see, what were the proposed categories? 5 favourite animated films - 5 favourite obscure films - 5 guilty pleasures - 5 most influential - 5 favourite kids' flicks - 5 'oh gods, that's x hours I'll never get back' - 5 daftest - 5 most insulting - 5 wtf? sequels - 5 musicals - 5 foreign language - (and an extra one from Joules!) 5 oddball/original.
Anyone think of anything else...? :)

... I'm sure I had something else to mention...

No comments: