Saturday, August 31, 2002

Last night Pris and Niki came round for our regular, fortnightly, friday night girly night. All too tired to do much more than watch Pris channel surf, (it's a kindness - poor thing, not having cable telly, she normally only has 5 channels to flick through : ), and then when she was bored with that we watched Titan A.E.
Was a bit disappointed with it, actually, I think I was expecting less of a Holy Rodent Empire (Disney) feel from a Don Bluth movie. It was as predictable as all get out and while some of the CGI was brilliant, overall the animation was... ok. The characterisations were 'ok' as well, I suppose. John Leguizamo, Janeane Garofalo and Nathan Lane put in good performances, but they're accomplished, experienced voice actors. Matt Damon was very flat as the male lead, and while he may be a reasoable 'actor', voice acting is a whole different skill that not everyone can make a good job of. On the plus side, the female lead was very pretty (voiced by a confident Drew Barrymore) and definitely worth watching.
If I was going to rate Titan A.E., I'd give it a 6/10.

In other news... I've started my next chapter of the AC monster, er, series. If all goes well it'll be mostly finished by the end of the weekend.
Lutra - *laughingly optimistic*

Heh, one of my cubs told his father the other day that he 'didn't want babies' when he grew up so he was going to marry one of the boys in his class. This is an improvement, I guess, on the disbelieving looks I was given by my cubs last year when I told them that boys could have boyfriends and girls could have girlfriends. :)

Hehehehehe - while I've been online Joule's has been sending me snippets of the next part of Silk & Leather series as she's writing them... *fans self* Phwooaar!! Now how can I concetrate on housework and mummy stuff with those images in my mind?!




No comments: